It was hard to come up with that first “P” word!
Here is my first mess to deal with, my desk. Again.
Yes, I know it was only _10__ short weeks ago that I de-cluttered that same area in Declutterathon Desk. AND?? Your point is?? Slob here!! IN recovery- not recovered yet, by a long shot!!
At least I know WHY this mess! And where it came from! Christmas shopping!! At Bealls, the perfect place to shop!! Clearance, and coupons, and discounts, oh my!!
Yes, I used a credit card. (hangs head in shame) I officially messed up. But, we’re not here to discuss that! Paper! A Paper Purgathon! is today’s topic!
And so since they’re receipts, (two of which are 6 feet long!!),
(Any new readers asking why I don’t clean up a little first, before I take pix?? That would be, cuz I stay true to my name. I’m a slob, and I show all the slobbery, in all its hideousness.)
why exactly are they just piled higgledy piggeldy on the desk? Well, because they have surveys on the back, that enter me into $500.00 shopping spree! And, if they just stay piled up there, will that enter you?? Well…… no…… but….. No buts! Get busy, enter them then toss! Yes, ma’am, immediately ma’am!
Wow, she gets bossy sometimes!
Read, type, enter….. rinse, repeat. Over, and over, and over again.
Hey, that only took me 30 minutes! For the Beall’s receipts, you mean. Yeah, well…. yes. How about the Taco Bell, and CVS ones?? Oh drat! I have to do all those too???? But I only promised 15 minutes a day!! whine, whine, whine…..
(BTW: good thing I did this! I found a Dr. appt notice, and a chit for blood work under all that! Whew! Dodged a bullet there!)
I’m making an executive decision. Since I only promised 15 minutes a day, and I’ve already done double duty for today, I’m DONE for the day!!
Update: Got the bill, so I’m checking it twice! (Yup, I really DID charge all that!!)
Queen Anne’s Day 1: https://minimalistsometimes.com/2016/11/19/2101-sorting-time/
Queen Anne’s Fellow Sovereigns:
– Melinda, that’s me! is joining with about 15 minutes a day.
– Viv, at GriefHappens, said she needed to be on this “like an over-sugared kid in a bouncy house”, and is joining with 30 minutes a day.
– Jena, at All Round Better me, is in for 60 minutes a week.
– Amy, at More time than money, also joining with 60 minutes a week.
– Grace, at The CFO MOM Blog, just told me she is joining, woohoo! – Barb, at Decluttering The Stuff, has gone through some of her papers as well.. but is staying far away from the scanning part (and I don’t blame her..)